School's Ethos and Values
Our Mission Statement
As a Catholic school and community, we share a common vision where Christ is at the centre of all our work. Our school policies embody principles of love, service, respect and reconciliation. We strive to recognise the dignity of each member of our school community and to nurture and challenge our pupils to be lifelong learners.
Our Statement on Equality
At St Anselm’s School, we are committed to equality for all our pupils and employees. We welcome our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations. All aspects of our school life are centred on our School Mission Statement. Here are some of the ways we achieve this:
- Together with the school’s governing body, the Senior Leadership Team have responsibility for ensuring equality for all members of our school community.
- We have clear procedures for dealing with prejudice and bullying incidents.
- We regularly use pupil data to gather information on pupil ethnicity and gender.
- We use assessment data to ascertain whether there are any significant differences in attainment between girls and boys and between pupils of different ethnic backgrounds. We review pupil support to meet all pupils' needs.
- We regularly review our statement on equality.